Thursday 6 March 2014

Cottage Country- Or should I say, Chicken Country


My cousins just recently got a cottage, so we decided to go with them one week. Let’s just put this out there, my cousins are pretty crazy. But don’t get me wrong they’re AWESOME. And by crazy, I mean like a good crazy.

But anyways, every time I see them I have a lot of fun. So, I was really looking forward to this trip. In order to spend more time with them, I thought it was a good idea to go in their car while we were driving. This way, I’ll be able to get the most out of our vacation. And plus, they have a TV. IN THEIR CAR. I used to have one in mine but of course we had to get a new car. 


Look at how heartbroken I am!


Anyways, while we were driving, my second youngest cousin, Michael, was getting a bit reckless. But honestly, I don’t blame him. It is a WHOLE THREE HOURS. Anyways, it was starting to get intense in the car, so Michael was starting to ask some weird questions. But, that’s pretty normal for him. The only thing that surprised us was this. He wanted to play family. Which was pretty generic, until he added a bit more detail. “Sam will be the daddy, Lauren (me) will be the mommy, Stephanie will be the daughter, and I’ll be the pet chicken!” That’s what he told us. The pet chicken. 

PET CHICKEN. 

PET CHICKEN. 

Yeah, just let that sink. Which is why we all bursted into laughter.


So to keep Michael happy, we told him we would play once we get to the cottage. So like any great cousin, I held up my end of the deal. When we went downstairs to play this twisted game of house, Michael broke out into mad chicken dance. I couldn’t stand how he managed to jerk his head and shake his hips in order to be a mighty fine chicken. He was actually pretty spot on.


One of the best parts of this entire shenanigan was when it was ‘time to sleep’. So I was on the couch, and Michael began to jerk towards me, making a chicken noise. Which made my cousins join him in max hip swinging madness. So, then I joined.


No comments:

Post a Comment